时间:2018-12-05 作者:英语课 分类:职场社交


英语课


SCENE④ B  电话响起  戴夫与吉娜继续说话


【他不生我的气?】


 


Dave:  He's not mad at me?


戴夫:         他不生我的气?


 


Zina:           1) Not at all. He says your being a lying, cheating, 2) backstabbing spy really helped to 3) motivate him.


吉娜:         完全没有。 他说你这个说谎、背叛、玩阴的间谍,大大地激励了他。


 


Dave:          Is that what he says? [ 4) chuckling]


戴夫:         他这样说?(咯咯笑)


 


Zina:  After he found out you were spying for WebTracker, he worked like a man 5) possessed 1.


吉娜:         在发现你为网路搜寻家卧底之后,他就像着了魔似地疯狂工作。


 


Dave:          So 6) in a way, I'm responsible for InfoKing's great success?


戴夫:         那么就某方面而言,资讯王的大胜还是我的功劳?


 


Zina:  That's right. You should be proud.


吉娜:         没错。你应该感到自豪的。


 


Dave:         Oh, I feel so much better.


戴夫:  喔,我好过多了。


 


 


 


语言详解


 


A:  I think that kid is possessed.


      我觉得那孩子被附身了。


 


B:  No, he's just screaming because he's angry.


   不,他只是因生气而大叫而已。


 


I feel so much better. 我好过多了。】


 


这句话也可以说I feel much better. 不过年轻人可能还是喜欢用对话中的那一个句型。


 


A: The photos you took the other day came out really nice. Better than the last time.


     前几天你拍的照片洗出来很漂亮,比上一次好。


B: Oh, I'm glad you like them. I feel so much better.


     喔,很高兴你喜欢。我好过多了。


 


so much better 很相近的短语是so much the better,意思是这样就要好了。


 


Try to run a mile a day, and if you can do two so much the better.


每天设法跑一英哩,如果你能跑两里,那就更好了。


 


1) Not at all  一点也不。这句话亦可用来回答别人的道谢。


2) backstab (v.)  从背后偷袭,陷害


3) motivate (v.)  激励


4) chuckle 2 (v.)  咯咯笑


5) possessed (a.)  被鬼附身的,不由己的。


6) in a way  就某方面而言  



1 possessed
adj.疯狂的;拥有的,占有的
  • He flew out of the room like a man possessed.他像着了魔似地猛然冲出房门。
  • He behaved like someone possessed.他行为举止像是魔怔了。
2 chuckle
vi./n.轻声笑,咯咯笑
  • He shook his head with a soft chuckle.他轻轻地笑着摇了摇头。
  • I couldn't suppress a soft chuckle at the thought of it.想到这个,我忍不住轻轻地笑起来。
标签: 职场 社交 生气
学英语单词